- Chronic feelings of sadness
- Irritability or being excessively critical
- Loss of interest in pleasurable things
- Withdrawing from others
- Having decreased concentration
- Changes in sleep (insomnia or excessive sleeping)
- Changes in appetite and/or weight (gain or loss)
- Having no energy
Depression can often times shows up as irritability, fighting, and increased drug and alcohol usage, often masking the true underlying problems of anxiety and depression.
Our therapists have a vast wealth of experience using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which is known to significantly improve symptoms of depression and anxiety, and when necessary, we are comfortable working with you and your doctor to coordinate care if medication is something that may be also helpful.